Coach Clint Ellison
Varsity Coach: Clint Ellison, Baseball
Levels: Varsity and Junior Varsity
Bio: Coached Varsity Baseball at Point Loma High School and Burroughs High School. Coached Junior Varsity and Freshmen Baseball at Buena High School. Coached youth baseball for Saticoy Little League, the Black & Blue travel team and the Santa Paula Halos. Attended Point Loma University on athletic and academic scholarships. Earned bachelor’s degree in physical education.
Philosophy: I emphasize playing the game of baseball with integrity. My focus is on proper fundamentals, hustle, mental and physical toughness and unquestionable sportsmanship. Players should strive to excel in every aspect of the game by preparing themselves physically and mentally, which includes commitment to the team and to the program. It is important to learn how to win and lose with class. Championships are won on the practice field with hard work.
Most proud of: Career coaching record for Buena vs. Ventura: 25-1. In seven years at Buena, my teams won League five times. First place in Black & Blue Santa Paula Tournament of Champions.
JV Coach: Javier Gallegos
Asst Coaches: Larry Ellison, Collin Boys, Ryan Vizzo, David Hong, William Crown
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
**Find Important Info on SUMMER TRYOUTS and ATHLETIC CLEARANCE HERE!**
IMPORTANT SUMMER ATHLETICS MEETING, Monday, June 18, 2018 @ FTHS:
– 4:00 to 6:30pm SPORTS PHYSICALS will be offered on campus, $25 cash/credit/check payable to “Foothill Athletics Boosters” (first come, first served)
– 5:00 to 6:30pm Taco Dinner for purchase ($10/meal – 3 tacos – veggie/asada/chicken/pork – with rice & beans & a drink), join Boosters, buy spirit wear, complete athletic clearance! (You can pre-order your meal online at https://squareup.com/store/foothill-technology-boosters/)
– 5:45 to 6:20pm Parent meeting for incoming 9th graders and/or new to sports – J bldg Black Box
– 6:30 to 7:10pm Session 1 individual team meetings (fall & winter sports)
– 7:20 to 8:00pm Session 2 individual team meetings (winter & spring sports)
Baseball Summer Program:
**Updated: Summer Tryout/Practice: June 25, 4-6pm @ Ventura County Christian School field (96 MacMillan Ave)
**Updated: Summer Games: June 26 – July 31, 5pm, Tues/Thur, check calendar for schedule
3-week Summer Dead Period (No practices): August 1 – August 21, 2018
Contact Coach Ellison: firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletics Dept: Anthony Unchangco, FTHS Athletic Director; 805-289-0023, ext. 2309. Or Karrie Carey, FTHS Athletics Secretary; 805-289-0023, ext. 1016.