Varsity Coach: Dean Prophet, Boys Basketball
Levels: Varsity and Junior Varsity
Bio: Coached 27 years at the club level and at all levels of high school basketball (freshmen through varsity). Head varsity coach at FTHS since the 2014-15 inaugural year, after serving 4 years as head coach at Bishop Diego High School. Named Ventura County JV Coach of the Year in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010. Named Frontier League Varsity Coach of the Year in 2010-2011 and 2016-17. Teams placed as CIF Finalist in 2010-2011 and as CIF semi-finalist in 2013-2014 and 2016-17.
Philosophy: Basketball is a vehicle to teach life lessons and learn life-long skills. It helps develop young men who will be a positive influence in whatever future endeavors they choose and will be respected in their communities.
Most proud of: Helping my basketball players reach their full potential in the classroom as well as on the basketball court.
JV Coach: Anthony Unchangco
Asst Coach: Cory McCaslin, Kyle Poe
More info available on the Boys Basketball Wiki page ; Scores at MaxPreps
HOME GAMES ARE PLAYED AT: Ventura College Athletic Event Center
Admission prices: $6 adults, $3 students/seniors, under 6 free
Click here for DIRECTIONS & INFORMATION FOR VISITING SCHOOLS
Parking at Ventura College: $2 for a daily permit if parking on campus (W lot) or street parking is free on Telegraph or Loma Vista Rd. Campus police will issue a $50 citation for parking on campus without a permit. Parents, when picking up/dropping off, please park in the 30-minute parking spaces facing the main gym OR stay with your car while parked temporarily.
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
**Find Important Info on SUMMER TRYOUTS and ATHLETIC CLEARANCE HERE!**
IMPORTANT SUMMER ATHLETICS MEETING, Monday, June 18, 2018 @ FTHS:
– 4:00 to 6:30pm SPORTS PHYSICALS will be offered on campus, $25 cash/credit/check payable to “Foothill Athletics Boosters” (first come, first served)
– 5:00 to 6:30pm Taco Dinner for purchase ($10/meal – 3 tacos – veggie/asada/chicken/pork – with rice & beans & a drink), join Boosters, buy spirit wear, complete athletic clearance! (You can pre-order your meal online at https://squareup.com/store/foothill-technology-boosters/)
– 5:45 to 6:20pm Parent meeting for incoming 9th graders and/or new to sports – J bldg Black Box
– 6:30 to 7:10pm Session 1 individual team meetings (fall & winter sports)
– 7:20 to 8:00pm Session 2 individual team meetings (winter & spring sports)
Boys Basketball Summer Program:
Summer Tryouts/Practices: June 19-July 27, 8am-10am @ Ventura High Main St. Gym
Summer Fr/So League: evenings, time/locations TBA
3-week Summer Dead Period (No practices): August 1 – 21, 2018
Ventura College, Ventura