Boys Water Polo
Varsity Coach: David Wallace, Boys Water Polo
Levels: Varsity & Junior Varsity
Bio: Has 20 years water polo coaching experience, including eight years with El Dorado High School. Took the El Dorado Goldenhawks to CIF-SS playoffs eight years in a row. Teams never placed lower than the Quarterfinals in the CIF-SS playoffs. Won the CIF-SS Division II Championship in 1996. Coaches club teams with Los Angeles Water Polo, Ventura County Primer and Titan Water Polo. Has taken three teams to top ten finishes at the USWP National Junior Olympics.
Philosophy: Pursue our team goals with respect and honor for the game of water polo, our teammates and ourselves. We will accomplish this by mastering the skills and characteristics necessary to make us successful in the pool, classroom and life. We will practice with purpose and play with passion.
Most proud of: Creating a new water polo program at El Dorado High School that won seven league championships and always made it to the quarter finals or better in the CIF-SS playoffs. The program had one of the best overall GPAs of any sport on campus.
JV Head Coach: Ben Gossard
Fall Transportation: There will be a bus provided to the Ventura Aquatic Center (VAC), leaving FTHS daily at 2:00pm (route 108). Students who are trying out or on the team should meet the bus in the front of the school immediately after their 5th/6th period. Practice will finish at 5:15pm and students should be picked up promptly from the VAC. Please see Karrie in the front office with any questions.
Roster & Results, click here for MaxPreps
Home games are played mainly at Ventura Aquatic Center, 901 S Kimball Rd, Ventura.
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
**Find Important Info on SUMMER TRYOUTS and ATHLETIC CLEARANCE HERE!**
IMPORTANT SUMMER ATHLETICS MEETING, Monday, June 18, 2018 @ FTHS:
– 4:00 to 6:30pm SPORTS PHYSICALS will be offered on campus, $25 cash/credit/check payable to “Foothill Athletics Boosters” (first come, first served)
– 5:00 to 6:30pm Taco Dinner for purchase ($10/meal – 3 tacos – veggie/asada/chicken/pork – with rice & beans & a drink), join Boosters, buy spirit wear, complete athletic clearance! (You can pre-order your meal online at https://squareup.com/store/foothill-technology-boosters/)
– 5:45 to 6:20pm Parent meeting for incoming 9th graders and/or new to sports – J bldg Black Box
– 6:30 to 7:10pm Session 1 individual team meetings (fall & winter sports)
– 7:20 to 8:00pm Session 2 individual team meetings (winter & spring sports)
Boys Water Polo Summer Program:
3-week Summer Dead Period (No practices): June 18 – July 8, 2018
Summer Tryouts (incoming students): July 9 – 14 @ Buena High pool, 4-6pm
Summer Practices: July 9 – Aug 4 @ Buena High pool, 4-6pm / 6-8pm
Boys Water Polo Summer Program Donation: click here
Fall Tryouts (JV/Var): Aug. 6 – Aug. 10 @ Buena High School, 4-8pm
Preseason practice: Aug. 13 – Aug. 21 @ Buena High School, 4-8pm
Fall Practice/Game Location: Ventura Aquatic Center at Ventura Community Park, 901 S. Kimball Road
Ventura Community Park, Ventura