Head Coach: Ken Reeves, Boys & Girls Cross Country
Bio: Coached at the middle school, high school, community college and NCAA Division I level for 40 years. As coach at Nordhoff High School, Reeves’ teams earned 11 state championships and 14 CIF championships. Reeves was named the National High School Coach of the Year in 1999 and 2000. He was inducted into the Ventura County Sports Hall of Fame in 2002.
Philosophy: The goal is to pursue victory with honor and to learn from the successes and failures of athletics. Athletics should be an avenue to help students prepare for the life beyond high school. Thus, punctuality and responsibility will help prepare the students for the “real world.” Be responsible. Be punctual.
Most proud of: Developing the educational, social and athletic potential of young people, encouraging them to step outside their comfort zone and take risks academically and athletically.
Meet Schedule: Please click here
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
**Find Important Info on SUMMER TRYOUTS and ATHLETIC CLEARANCE HERE!**
IMPORTANT SUMMER ATHLETICS MEETING, Monday, June 18, 2018 @ FTHS:
– 4:00 to 6:30pm SPORTS PHYSICALS will be offered on campus, $25 cash/credit/check payable to “Foothill Athletics Boosters” (first come, first served)
– 5:00 to 6:30pm Taco Dinner for purchase ($10/meal – 3 tacos – veggie/asada/chicken/pork – with rice & beans & a drink), join Boosters, buy spirit wear, complete athletic clearance! (You can pre-order your meal online at https://squareup.com/store/foothill-technology-boosters/)
– 5:45 to 6:20pm Parent meeting for incoming 9th graders and/or new to sports – J bldg Black Box
– 6:30 to 7:10pm Session 1 individual team meetings (fall & winter sports)
– 7:20 to 8:00pm Session 2 individual team meetings (winter & spring sports)
Cross Country Summer Program (see more info on right sidebar):
Newcomer CC Academy: June 19-22, 11am at FTHS
3-week Summer Dead Period (No practices): June 23 – July 14, 2018
Summer Practice: July 16 – August 21, 2018
Contact Coach Reeves at firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletics Dept: Anthony Unchangco, FTHS Athletic Director; 805-289-0023, ext. 2309. Or Karrie Carey, FTHS Athletics Secretary; 805-289-0023, ext. 1016.