Varsity Coach: Jack Craig
Levels: Varsity & Junior Varsity
Bio: Coached girls soccer for 19 years for both club and varsity/JV high school teams. Has served for the past four years as head varsity coach at Malibu High School and was previously on the coaching staff at Agoura and Oaks Christian.
Philosophy: “One Team – One Goal.” Focus is on the development of the student-athlete in all aspects of their lives with focus on choices and time management, respect, sportsmanship, self-discipline and communication. Play time and level of play is based on technical, tactical play, hard work, commitment, discipline, sportsmanship and embracing the team concept.
Most proud of: Mentoring players to navigate the challenges of life using the sport of soccer as a tool, and then watching their success for years to come. Over the past 11 years, 45 of his players reached their goal of playing college soccer. Teams achieved Cal South State Cup Championship (Eagles SC), and at Malibu, two league championships, CIF State Regional Semi-Finalists, and two CIF-SS Quarter-finalist finishes. As a member of the Oaks Christian coaching staff, helped the team earn two CIF-SS titles.
JV Coach: TBA
HOME GAMES are played at the VENTURA COLLEGE SPORTSPLEX or VENTURA COLLEGE WEST FIELD, 4667 Telegraph Road, Ventura
Parking at Ventura College: $2 for a daily permit if parking on campus (W lot) or street parking is free on Telegraph or Loma Vista Rd. Campus police will issue a $50 citation for parking on campus without a permit. Parents, when picking up/dropping off, please park in the 30-minute parking spaces facing the main gym OR stay with your car while parked temporarily.
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
**Find Important Info on SUMMER TRYOUTS and ATHLETIC CLEARANCE HERE!**
IMPORTANT SUMMER ATHLETICS MEETING, Monday, June 18, 2018 @ FTHS:
– 4:00 to 6:30pm SPORTS PHYSICALS will be offered on campus, $25 cash/credit/check payable to “Foothill Athletics Boosters” (first come, first served)
– 5:00 to 6:30pm Taco Dinner for purchase ($10/meal – 3 tacos – veggie/asada/chicken/pork – with rice & beans & a drink), join Boosters, buy spirit wear, complete athletic clearance! (You can pre-order your meal online at https://squareup.com/store/foothill-technology-boosters/)
– 5:45 to 6:20pm Parent meeting for incoming 9th graders and/or new to sports – J bldg Black Box
– 6:30 to 7:10pm Session 1 individual team meetings (fall & winter sports)
– 7:20 to 8:00pm Session 2 individual team meetings (winter & spring sports)
Girls Soccer Summer Program:
Summer Tryouts/Practice: *June 21, 22, 27, 28, 2018*, 8:30-10:30am, Ventura College Practice Field
3-week Summer Dead Period (No practices): July 31 – August 20, 2018
Practice Location: Ventura College practice fields/Sportsplex
Game Location: Ventura College Sportsplex, 4667 Telegraph Road, Ventura
Contact Coach Craig: email@example.com
Athletics Dept: Anthony Unchangco, FTHS Athletic Director; 805-289-0023, ext. 2309. Or Karrie Carey, FTHS Athletics Secretary; 805-289-0023, ext. 1016.