Girls Water Polo
Head Varsity Coach: Ben Gossard
Levels: Varsity, Junior Varsity
Bio: Has 4 years prior water polo coaching experience at Ventura High School, at the Varsity, JV, and frosh levels, and has also coached club polo.
Philosophy: Having a team that is well-conditioned and fundamentally sound through skills development is my goal. I believe that the basics of the game, when mastered, win games. This is achieved through a very “hands on” coaching style, where each player gets help with physical skills as well as understanding the game as a whole. My teams will also be well acquainted with tough workouts, drills, and skills work that build endurance.
Most proud of: Coaching the Ventura High girls water polo team to the CIF-SS playoffs.
JV Coach: Victoria Lee
2014-15 Varsity Team: CIF-SS Division 7 Champions
2015-16 Varsity Team: CIF-SS Division 7 Runner-Up
2016-17 Varsity Team: 2nd Place League, CIF-SS Division 3 Qualifiers
2017-18 Varsity Team: Tied for 1st Place in League, CIF-SS Division 3 Qualifiers
Home games are played mainly at Ventura Aquatic Center, 901 S Kimball Rd, Ventura.
Winter Transportation: There will be a bus provided to the Ventura Aquatic Center (VAC), leaving FTHS daily at 2:00pm (route 108) for those athletes who are on the team or trying out. Practice will finish at 5:30pm and students should be picked up promptly from the VAC. Please see Karrie in the front office with any questions.
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
**Find Important Info on SUMMER TRYOUTS and ATHLETIC CLEARANCE HERE!**
IMPORTANT SUMMER ATHLETICS MEETING, Monday, June 18, 2018 @ FTHS:
– 4:00 to 6:30pm SPORTS PHYSICALS will be offered on campus, $25 cash/credit/check payable to “Foothill Athletics Boosters” (first come, first served)
– 5:00 to 6:30pm Taco Dinner for purchase ($10/meal – 3 tacos – veggie/asada/chicken/pork – with rice & beans & a drink), join Boosters, buy spirit wear, complete athletic clearance! (You can pre-order your meal online at https://squareup.com/store/foothill-technology-boosters/)
– 5:45 to 6:20pm Parent meeting for incoming 9th graders and/or new to sports – J bldg Black Box
– 6:30 to 7:10pm Session 1 individual team meetings (fall & winter sports)
– 7:20 to 8:00pm Session 2 individual team meetings (winter & spring sports)
Girls Water Polo Summer Program:
**UPDATED: Summer Tryouts/Practice: **July 9 – Aug 21, Mon/Wed 6-8pm @ Buena HS**
**UPDATED: 3-week Summer Dead Period (No practices): **June 18 – July 8, 2018**
Winter Practice Location: Ventura Aquatic Center at Ventura Community Park, 901 S. Kimball Road
Ventura Community Park, Ventura