Varsity Coach: Brad McClain, Girls & Boys Tennis
Season: Fall (Girls), Spring (Boys)
Bio: Currently the Director of Tennis at Pierpont Racquet Club 1993 – present. Coach at Ventura College 2008 – present. Coach at Foothill Technology 2014 – present. Former coach Ventura High School for three years. Graduate Westmont College. BA in Business/Economics.
Philosophy: Be on time. Treat your teammates with respect. Please remember that you represent your school with your actions on and off the court. And the Four P’s: Positive–support your teammates and yourself. No negative energy. Patient–take your time. Pace yourself. Persistent–never give up. Show your opponent you’re ready to play every point. Play–play hard from start to finish. Play your game style.
Most proud of: Leading the 2010 Men’s and 2012 Women’s Tennis teams at Ventura College to become State Champions. Coaching the Women’s California Singles Champion (2009, 2012) and the California Doubles Champion (2012). Coaching the Men’s California Singles Finalist (2010, 2013) and California Doubles Champion (2010, 2013). Coaching and watching my son become a top-ten player in the nation as a junior in high school.
Assistant Coach (Boys): Ryan Rollins
Girls Roster & Results, click here for MaxPreps
Boys Roster & Results, click here for MaxPreps
Home games are played at Ventura College Tennis Complex, 4667 Telegraph Rd, Ventura.
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
**Find Important Info on SUMMER TRYOUTS and ATHLETIC CLEARANCE HERE!**
IMPORTANT SUMMER ATHLETICS MEETING, Monday, June 18, 2018 @ FTHS:
– 4:00 to 6:30pm SPORTS PHYSICALS will be offered on campus, $25 cash/credit/check payable to “Foothill Athletics Boosters” (first come, first served)
– 5:00 to 6:30pm Taco Dinner for purchase ($10/meal – 3 tacos – veggie/asada/chicken/pork – with rice & beans & a drink), join Boosters, buy spirit wear, complete athletic clearance! (You can pre-order your meal online at https://squareup.com/store/foothill-technology-boosters/)
– 5:45 to 6:20pm Parent meeting for incoming 9th graders and/or new to sports – J bldg Black Box
– 6:30 to 7:10pm Session 1 individual team meetings (fall & winter sports)
– 7:20 to 8:00pm Session 2 individual team meetings (winter & spring sports)
Tennis Summer Program:
Boys & Girls Summer Tryout: August 6, 10-11am @ Ventura College Tennis Facility
3-week Summer Dead Period (No practices): June 18 – July 8, 2018
Practice Location: Ventura College Tennis Facility
Ventura College, Ventura