Track & Field
***More info and accomplishments available on the Track & Field Wiki page***
Philosophy: High School is a time for experiences and relationships. Track & Field is an ideal sport for any individual to learn and develop. Track & Field is a great sport for student-athletes to begin to cross-train and develop general athletic abilities. All are welcome and encouraged!
Levels: Varsity, Junior Varsity, Frosh/Soph
Head Coach and Sprints: Jason Dinkler, Boys & Girls Track & Field
Bio: Coach Dinkler has been at Foothill Technology for the last 14 years, teaching tenth and twelfth grade English and coaching both cross country and track. He brings an extensive cross-training background to the program, having competed in swimming and water polo in high school and college and then competing in marathons and triathlons after graduation. He continues to stay active in the running community by racing throughout Southern California. He has coached both youth and high school level athletics.
Mark Messner – Hurdles email@example.com
Ken Reeves – Distance firstname.lastname@example.org
Claire Morgan – Throws email@example.com
Mike Russell – High Jump, Pole Vault firstname.lastname@example.org
Leonidas Watson – Long Jump, Triple Jump email@example.com
Mike Herrera – Sprints
Charlie Feyh – Technical Support
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
**Find Important Info on SUMMER TRYOUTS and ATHLETIC CLEARANCE HERE!**
IMPORTANT SUMMER ATHLETICS MEETING, Monday, June 18, 2018 @ FTHS:
– 4:00 to 6:30pm SPORTS PHYSICALS will be offered on campus, $25 cash/credit/check payable to “Foothill Athletics Boosters” (first come, first served)
– 5:00 to 6:30pm Taco Dinner for purchase ($10/meal – 3 tacos – veggie/asada/chicken/pork – with rice & beans & a drink), join Boosters, buy spirit wear, complete athletic clearance! (You can pre-order your meal online at https://squareup.com/store/foothill-technology-boosters/)
– 5:45 to 6:20pm Parent meeting for incoming 9th graders and/or new to sports – J bldg Black Box
– 6:30 to 7:10pm Session 1 individual team meetings (fall & winter sports)
– 7:20 to 8:00pm Session 2 individual team meetings (winter & spring sports)
Track & Field Summer Program:
No Summer Tryouts/Practice
3-week Summer Dead Period (No practices): June 24 – July 14, 2018
Spring Practice Location: Ventura College Stadium
Contact Coach Dinkler: firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletics Dept: Anthony Unchangco, FTHS Athletic Director; 805-289-0023, ext. 2309. Or Karrie Carey, FTHS Athletics Secretary; 805-289-0023, ext. 1016.